Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

STAAR Game Boards for Review



My kids are gone to their dad's for Easter Weekend so I'm here at home cleaning and making new things for my third graders to prepare them for the up-coming Reading Staar Test. I created a game board-based on the rules, procedures, and strategies used on our state assessment. I actually got the idea from the blog site Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher.  I'm adding and modifying the board to fit the needs of my third graders. I recently completed the boards so I wanted to show them off. They are so cute! I'm going to have them laminated before the students play with them. I will have the rules and cards for the game uploaded as soon as I finish them. Enjoy! 












Here are the cards for the first two game boards. http://www.scribd.com/doc/88416550/Staar-Cards.I will be making different cards based on my third graders needs.











No comments:

Post a Comment