Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Total Participation Techniques: Resources




I'm thinking about ordering this book online at amazon. The author provides teachers with strategies and techniques to enhance participation in the classroom. The goal is to have students more engaged and active during oral discussions or collaborative groups. Students who can express his/her ideas, voice their opinions, or change their thinking due to learning new pertinent information -will more likely increase their higher order thinking skills. The primary goal is to cognitively engage students and keep them thinking out side the box. I think this book might be a great purchase to add to my teacher toolbox. 





1 comment:

  1. I actually just spent a bit of time with that book. Some of the strategies are old favorites, like think-pair-share, but there are also some newer and more unique ideas, such as three 3's in a row.

    ReplyDelete