Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Brown Bag Project with "A Dog Called Kitty"


"Brown Bag Project"


My students will begin a "Brown Bag Project on - A Dog Called Kitty" in the next week. They will draw a card and choose a character. The characters consist of Ricky, Dad, Mom, Sammy, and Brad. I have included a rubric on scribd. http://www.scribd.com/doc/88611151/Brown-Bag-Project  --The following pictures display the actual content that students will be required to complete. They will also have the opportunity to place items in the bag and do a show and tell. I will provide a small rubric for this part of the assignment. My intent is for students to get use to presenting in front of an audience. 

Name of Character
Draw a picture of the character
List adjectives describing the character


Provide quotes from the character



Write in sequential order important events that the character experienced within the text.



Write a summary using beginning, middle, and end. The summary should provide information about the character and the details of important things that happened during the character's life within the text.



1 comment:

  1. I read this book aloud every January and cry each.and.every.time. I like your idea of doing a brown bag project with it. Thanks for sharing it!

    Christi ツ
    Ms. Fultz’s Corner

    ReplyDelete