Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Celebrating MLK





My class will be honoring MLK by viewing a video clip of his "Dream Speech". Afterwards we will discuss the importance of  having dreams and not giving up on them. Students will work in collaborative groups and write on chart paper their own dreams. Students will write a paragraph in a think bubble describing their personal dream. They will also be given the opportunity to design a picture of them to go with their dream bubble.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea! So cute!

    gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete