Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

MLK

Martin Luther King Jr.
Next week students in public school will be celebrating MLK day. This day honors MLK and how he fought for equality and freedom. To show appreciation for this hero, students will be listening to a read aloud titled,"Martin's Big Words" by Doreen Rappaport. The author spent many hours  researching MLK through biographies, speeches, sermons, and articles. Rappaport designed this book to display the life of Martin Luther King Jr and used original quotes from MLK.






Martin Luther King 
I've created a neat worksheet to go along with the book. The sheet provides a think bubble where students write one of his quotes and add their own reflection next to the bubble. 

 .





No comments:

Post a Comment