Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Prefix Tree



My kiddos have been learning about prefixes. Prefixes are highly important for students to learn because they help students to uncover new words and make meaning of them. This morning my students were provided with various resources to use as they searched for words with the prefixes (un, dis, and re).




Each student drew three trees within their reading journal. I requested them to find 2 examples of each prefix ( un, dis, re) and to provide the meaning of the word on sticky notes.
unequal = not equal
They had a lot of fun!


All of my peeps placed their words on the board. They were to share only one example to the class.


Students provided examples in their reading journal. They could come to the board or chat with their group about the words they had found and selected.

No comments:

Post a Comment