Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Bad Case Of Stripes



I have created some activities that I would like to share with you. I did some searching and found some information on Read*Write*Think. I took one of their ideas and added my own touch to the concept. You can view the completed document below. Sorry I don't have a picture of it but it's on scribd.


After we read "A Bad Case of Stripes" students will collaborate as a group and rotate tables with chart paper. Each table will have a basket with a pair of scissors, glue, and three markers. Each table will also have a file folder that provides the question bubble. Students will cut, glue, and complete the answer as a group. Then within 10 mins rotate to the next table.

Example of Questions


Chart paper with glued questions.

Question Bubbles on scribd.



Students made a graphic organizer to display the story elements of the story. They also displayed how the character changed from Beginning to End.

Medicine Bottle
Summary on the outside
Cause & Effect on the inside
I had seen some cute examples of how to create the Medicine bottle, but I knew that my lesson had to be geared towards the objective for the day so I created this document. I really like how it turned out. The document is also on scribd


Student Work!
THEY LOVED THIS ACTIVITY


No comments:

Post a Comment