Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Santa Down the Chimney

I found this neat idea on Pinterest. I love Pinterest!!!!
Today the students cut out patterns and created Santa going down the chimney. They thought it was so funny. We added the poem titled, "Santa Got Stuck in the Chimney" by Ken Nesbiee.  Tomorrow we will brainstorm ways that we could help Santa get out of the chimney. Then students will write their thoughts on how they will assist Santa on paper and we will glue it to the back of the chimney. After reading the poem there will be several discussions regarding the main idea of certain stanzas, lines that rhyme, making connections, author's purpose, and identifying why the author added certain information within the stanzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment