Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Poems

After the benchmark, we discovered we have alot of work ahead of us dealing with poems. The new Texas State Assessment requires children in third grade to be able to read and use higher order thinking skills as they answer questions regarding the poem.  So this week groups of 4 were placed in 5 poem stations. The objective was to read the poem and collaboratively answer questions. The students had to discuss their answers, reasoning behind choosing the answer, and evidence for selecting the answer. They have really enjoyed the poem station. I'm there to constantly monitor and facilitate the learning taking place. I selected 5 Christmas poems in  five different envelopes and added questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment