Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

There are big changes occurring for me and I'm totally excited about it. I had applied for an Instructional Coach position but things didn't go the way I had hoped. I was really down on my luck and I couldn't fathom the thought of staying in third grade in the same room for another year. Don't get me wrong "I Love Third Grade"---but I needed a change. My principal approached me with the idea to teach Fourth Grade ELA/SS. I was a little hesitate because writing hasn't been my strength. I thought what the heck--maybe--it's time to broaden my horizons and tackle what I most fear "WRITING"... Wish me luck! Another big change occurring at our campus is the implementation of Daily 5/Cafe. I'm eager to get this started in my classroom. I've heard nothing but great information about the system. So  if you have any information to share about writing or the Daily Five/Cafe-----Please leave me comments. 

The biggest challenge for me right now is mustering enough energy to start moving my things into another portable. My campus is in the process of building a new school so all the upper grades are moving to a portable. Third grade has always been in portables. I dread the move in this Texas heat. I do love the idea of decorating a new room! : )

I have created many homemade boards and materials to use in Fourth Grade. Lets get real---I don't have the funds on a teacher salary to redecorate and purchase all new items. So----I've done a lot of browsing on Pinterest and visiting Hobby Lobby. I will load pictures of my homemade materials in a bit. So please start following me again to see the before and after pictures of my classroom and decor.

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment