Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

When Lightning Comes in a Jar Patricia Polacco

We  kicked our week off with Patricia Polacco Books. We will continue reading her books after we return from Spring Break. I thought some of you might be interested in the activities that we did regarding the book titled " When Lightning Comes in a Jar".

Before reading this book, I thought it would be a great idea to find some Nonfiction Information regarding "Fireflies". I selected some information online and arranged it into an artilce with pictures, captions, subheadings etc.  There were various subjects ranging from the fireflies habitat, communication, and decline of fireflies in America. My peeps were very engaged! I also provided them with a diagram and they had to label and color the parts of the firefly.


Tomorrow we will complete the story and sequence the events in order. I have provided you a picture and link below to scribd so that you can copy the sequencing activity. I must say ---It turned out rather cute.








1 comment:

  1. Hey

    I am a first grade teacher & I found your blog through Pinterest. I came across your sequencing jars that go along with When Lightning Comes in a Jar. There was a scribd link for them, but the link said that it had been removed. If you still have this recourse and wouldn’t mind sharing, I would love to have it to go along with my Patricia Polacco author study.

    Happy Friday,

    Megan Ebert
    Megan.ebert@huntsmen.org

    ReplyDelete