Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Text Features--New Ideas

In order to ensure that all students understand and recognize text features, we reviewed the concept once again using some informational books about previous "Presidents". I collected six books from the library ranging from John Kennedy to Harry Truman. Students were given a small yellow text feature check off list to identify the text features within the book. Students worked in groups as they communicated together discussing the different text features. I stole this idea from a pinterest site. I only used one part of her idea. The creator is Allison Nicole. She doesn't have a website.




No comments:

Post a Comment