Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Inferencing

Students received 3 pictures (without words) and glued them to the chart paper. They worked collaboratively in pods of four as they wrote down evidence & used their background knowledge to infer. Students were given sticky notes to add their final inference.They shared their information with the class. Then they were provided with another picture where they did the same assignment independently. To extend this activity----we took it over into our "Writing Time" where students created a story from t he picture.


First list the evidence + Background Knowledge = Inference

No comments:

Post a Comment