Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Marzano Thinking Clouds

 Marzano Bubbles on sticks to use during Guided Reading!!!
Tonyastreats4teachers

These thinking clouds are essential to laying the foundation for higher order thinking.
I'm a member of Pro-Teacher Community. You can go to their web-site and sign up for free.
After you are a member go to the google search on their page and type in Marzano Thinking Clouds. There you will find the copies that you can download for free. I have been searching and searching for these patterns---TAAA DAAAA I found them. I hope this helps you.

If you teach at higher grade levels you could use the same questions but put them on something else.
Here is a couple of suggestions.










You can find a JEOPARDY TEMPLATE on line for free, The topics on the top of the Jeopardy Board can be arranged according to MARZANO'S Question Categories. I actually used a Jeopardy Template at the beginning of the year when we were learning Genres. The students loved interacting and playing the game.




This is another great way to incorporate student engagement with the use of higher order thinking skills after reading a story. I purchased the Eggspert that you see below at Educational Outfitters. Now, they have the wireless Eggspert which would make it more mobile for students.



No comments:

Post a Comment