Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Boosting Thinking during a Read Aloud


Today we did a read aloud about "The Albertosaurus Mystery". The story was located in our third grade Journey Series. I added my own touch by drawing a chart on the board and labeling it Predict/Questions/Reflect. Each table was given sticky notes to use during the read aloud. They had such inquisitive questions and they put a lot of thought concerning their reflections. Students were eager to share and that's what makes me so HAPPY!

After the read aloud we did a quick Cause and Effect Activity. Each lesson that I develop always has higher order thinking incorporated, collaborative sharing, and an objective based on our TEKS.


No comments:

Post a Comment