Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Assignments

We read a story "Yonder Mountain" and the students had to pick one of the four characters for their
assignment. They wrote factual info about their character and on the back of the plate
wrote a summary using BME.

I got this idea from a pinterest site. I will find the site and post the address soon.
I don't deserve credit for someone else's ideas.

The kids loved this project. They learned about the Mayflower from an interactive
Thanksgiving site from Scholastic Books. They worked in pairs and labeled the parts of the ship. (The yellow dots represent the part of the ship). Students then wrote factual info that
they learned. The students were so engaged. Afterwards the groups presented one interesting fact that they
learned from the interactive video.

No comments:

Post a Comment