Welcome

Welcome to my blog site. This year I will be teaching 4th grade ELA/SS. I'm excited to embark on the new changes approaching me. I'm always looking for new ideas to get students engaged and eager to learn. I hope you enjoy my blog. Please leave comments or ideas.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Neat Idea

Thanksgiving break is over and it's time to get busy. Both my ELA blocks were very engaged  today as I introduced the story "Christmas Trolls". The fun part was that I covered all the words within the text. My students had to utilize their  inferencing and predicting skills to try to intrepret what was happening within the story. Afterwards we used the big chart to write our evidence that supported our theory regarding what we think was happening in the text.

This year students in Texas will be taking the new state assessment known as STARR. STARR focuses on students using their  higher-order-thinking. I'm searching for any new concepts to incorporate within my lessons to activate HOTS. (Higher Order Thinking Skills). Help if you can. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment